The largest Casual Connect
Casual Connect USA is the largest Casual Connect, founded in 2006. 2018 edition was packed with 15 tracks of workshops, lectures, panels and 1-on-1 meetings for 3 days. 250 speakers, the thought leaders in the gaming industry, some of which are Disney Consumer Products & Interactive Media, Netmarble US, Ubisoft, Oculus VR, DoubleDown Interactive, Atari S.A., London Venture Partners, Mattel, HitPoint Studios, Xbox, Insomniac Games and more.
Casual Connect also includes a Mentorship Program, Developer Showcase (to foster relationships with other developers, gain exposure for your professional development team and beautiful games, and learn how to succeed in the new games ecosystem), and Indie Prize scholarship and competition!
We cannot miss the major networking parties Casual Connect USA was hosting this year. After all, isn’t networking one of the key opportunities at events? Badge Pickup Party at the venue on the night before the event, Official Casual Connect Day 1 Party, Official Casual Connect Day 2 Party and Indie Prize Awards on the last night.
This year, Scott Park, our Co-Founder & Chief Revenue Officer from Santa Monica has joined Casual Connect USA and brought back some highlights.
CASUAL CONNECT USA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS:
- One of the most important key points to take away was the development of Games for growth and retention. A few of the highlighted speakers talked mostly about growth of the user base, retaining them with contents, but also how to grow the base effectively with organic and non-organic methods.
- Another key point was the understanding of what developers and game publishers look for in terms of making a sustainable product.
- A great speech to highlight was by Grant Cohen, General Manager of Kochava. He spoke about the evolution of mobile optimization, dealing with attribution and mobile fraud, how to use cohorts to funnel users to see validate traffic sources.
- This event held over 1400 attendees and 200 sponsors.
- Articles we recommend reading by Avakai Games and VentureBeat.
Meet TAB next week at Affiliate Summit Europe in London!